TaxCoach Software is committed to protecting the privacy of our users and their clients. This Notice explains what information we gather and how we use that information.
1. Types of Information We Collect. We collect two categories of information from TaxCoach™ users:
Personal Information tells us who you are or provides information about you (such as your order history and preferences),
Client Information lets us create and maintain personal tax plans for your clients, and
Technical Information lets us administer your visit, but is not linked to your identity.
Personal Information may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, employer, and job title. We request Personal Information when you order a product or service, register for newsletters, participate in certain promotional activities, fill out surveys, and correspond with us.
Client Information may include your clients’ name, address, and confidential financial information. We use this information to generate Tax Plans for your use with your clients, and to identify future tax planning opportunities for you as tax law changes.
2. Security. When you make a purchase on the Site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard your credit card information while it is being sent to us. The SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
If you would prefer to place an order by phone, please call us at (513) 321-2820 for new product information, evaluation software, training and all other requests.
3. When We May Disclose Information to Others. We disclose customer information to other companies only for the following reasons:
to credit card processors, and other companies that perform services for us and who have agreed not to use any of our information for any other purpose,
to assist a government investigation, verification or similar purposes, if required by law, subpoena or court order, or otherwise necessary for fraud prevention, or as needed to enforce our terms and conditions, or to a company that purchases our business or assets.
We NEVER disclose Client Information to anyone, for any reason. We NEVER contact clients directly for any purpose. We DO NOT market any products or services, for ourself or any other vendor, to your clients.
Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/options#privacy
Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
Netscape Navigator: http://www.netscape.com/legal_notices/cookies.html
5. Links to other Websites. Parts of our Site contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. If you use these links, you will leave the TaxCoach Software website. When you access a non-TaxCoach Software website, please understand that we do not control the content and are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you carefully review the privacy policies of each site you visit. This Privacy Notice does not cover the information practices of those websites linked to our Site. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information.
6. Changes to this Privacy Notice. If there are changes to the terms of this Privacy Notice, we will post those changes here. Please be sure to check this page occasionally. If we make material changes to this Notice, such changes in the way we use or disclose Personal Information, we will provide you with notice of the change and a chance to choose not to have your information used or disclosed under the new policy.
7. Contact Us. If you have any questions or concerns about TaxCoach Software’s use of your information or about this Privacy Notice, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.